The Fastest & Most Effective Way to Treat Acne
Acne is a problem that many people are forced to deal with. Some of the most common symptoms of acne can include:
1) Small red bumps on the skin, which may or may not contain pus
2)Hard painful lumps under the skin (known as nodules)
3) Deep cellular ruptures under the skin which can lead to the surrounding area becoming inflamed and infected (known as cysts)
Acne symptoms can cause embarrassment and stress, especially after the lesions and pimples appear on visible areas such as the face and neck. If they do not occur on visible areas an acne sufferer may still feel uncomfortable with the situation.
There are two main ways to treat acne quickly and effectively. Often they will work best when used at the same time as one another.
Prescription and Non-Prescription Medications for Treating Acne
Many people will choose to try prescription and non-prescription medications in order to clear up their acne. Although each formulation is different some common ingredients in common medications can include:
1) Isotretinoin- this can help to clear up pimples in two ways. It soothes skin inflammation and it can also help to clear out pores that have become plugged
2) Salicylic acid- this ingredient can help to clear up pimples by removing dead cells that can build up inside a person’s hair follicles. You may find that this helps clear up acne because the skin’s natural oils can flow freely and that it will no longer be clogged enough to form pimples
3) Benzoyl Peroxide- this is a very well known ingredient and it is used in many different acne medications. It works as an antibacterial ingredient and can also help to dissolve some types of pimples
There are other acne medications that may be used for more severe cases but these are often available only by prescription.