Types Of Cosmetic Surgery Birmingham
Cosmetic surgery is a widely used type of surgery to cure various ailments and to correct various defects and imperfections. Cosmetic surgery Birmingham does a wide variety of surgical and medical procedures. Some of them are elaborated below. But before going into that, it is essential to understand that cosmetic surgery on a wide basis can be divided into two – invasive and non-invasive.
Invasive surgery includes procedures like facelifts, tummy tucks, breast or cheek augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, etc. Non-invasive surgery includes Botox injections, laser treatments, skin peels, non invasive rhinoplasty, etc.
* Liposuction – This is the process of removing excessive fat from the body to give it a more sculpted look. Generally, the cosmetic surgeon Birmingham use a device called a cannula to pull the fat out. It is one of the safest forms of cosmetic surgeries done today.
* Skin Peels – This is also called chemical peeling. This is a method to lighten scars made by skin blemishes and acne. Some special types of chemical peels are also used to remove pre-cancerous growths on the skin.
* Botox – The most famous and common of the non-invasive surgeries, Botox is short for Botulinum toxin. It is generally injected into the skin. What it does is temporarily paralyze the muscle where it is injected. It is ideal for removing wrinkles and for reducing excessive sweating. The chemical is injected in small amounts. Though quite harmless, it is known to have side effects like pain, fever, and irritation.
* Breast Augmentation – A surgery that is quite popular throughout the world, it deals with increasing the size of the breasts. Augmentation is generally done by inserting silicone implants into the breasts.
* Face Lift – This is a highly invasive surgery that involves removing excessive skin from areas of the face to remove wrinkles and give the face a more youthful appearance.
* Tummy Tuck – This is